Last updated: November 1st, 2023
A Cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device, which is like computer memory.
First and third-party Cookies: whether a Cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the Cookie.
- First-party Cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. Cookies placed by our websites domain).
- Third-party Cookies are Cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the websites being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a Cookie through that website, this would be a third-party Cookie
Persistent Cookies: these Cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the Cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the websites that created that particular Cookie.
Session Cookies: these Cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session Cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session Cookies are deleted.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
- Strictly necessary
Some Cookies may fulfil more than one of these purposes.
'Strictly Necessary' Cookies let you move around the websites and use essential features like secure areas. Without these Cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these 'Strictly Necessary' Cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the websites and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on the websites when we make any changes to the way they work
- For security purposes
If you prevent these Cookies, we can't guarantee how the websites or the security on the websites will perform during your visit.
'Performance' Cookies collect information about how you use the websites, e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These Cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the websites works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use 'Performance' Cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the website is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the websites that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the websites by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the websites
Some of our performance Cookies are managed for us by third parties.
'Functionality' Cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use 'Functionality' Cookies for such purposes as:
- Show you when you're logged in to the websites
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these Cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ Cookies are used to track your visit to the websites, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows us to display targeted ads to you on the websites.
We may use 'Targeting' Cookies to:
- To measure the success of ad campaigns on the websites.
When do we require your consent ?
All Cookies require your consent.
We request your consent before placing them on your device. You can give your consent by clicking on the appropriate button on the banner displayed to you. If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any Cookies at any time, you will need to delete, and block or disable Cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling these Cookies will affect the functionality of the websites, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the websites.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies ?
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your Cookies settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit aboutCookies.org.
For any questions feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org